We are here to inspire and empower people with
cystic fibrosis and their families.
The Rock CF Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation. Founded and led by Emily Schaller, the Rock CF Foundation is dedicated to increasing the quality of life for people with Cystic Fibrosis. With the help of a core group of volunteers, the Foundation utilizes the arts, entertainment, fashion and fitness to support research initiatives and heighten public awareness in the fight against cystic fibrosis.
- Empowering CF people to live a healthy life.
- Bringing a positive spin to the demanding challenges CF poses though speaking engagements.
- Heightening cystic fibrosis awareness through the Rock CF apparel line and events.
- Outfitted over 300 people through the Kicks Back program.
- Sponsored entry fees for people with CF to participate in running races.
- Inspired lifestyle changes on a small scale that can make big difference.
- Provide resources for advocacy work to families.
- Fund research through the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Mayo Clinic and others.
What Is Cystic Fibrosis
Cystic Fibrosis (CF) is a genetic disorder that causes the body to produce thick and sticky mucus that clogs the lungs and pancreas making it hard for patients to breathe and absorb nutrients from the food they eat. This thick mucus causes recurring lung infections, loss of lung function and eventually premature death. Life expectancy for patients with CF is 37 years old. When coupled with the proper treatments for CF, exercise and running has been show to help maintain lung function in CF patients. Please visit www.cff.org for more information about cystic fibrosis.