Rock CF is a community Thousands strong changing the face of what living with Cystic Fybrosis looks like and giving those living with CF the tools to not only survive, but thrive.
In 2004 Emily got the idea to bring awareness to Cystic Fibrosis by throwing a rock show for her friends, a few years later in 2007 Rock CF was born.
What began as one woman on a mission to educate her peers through some banging drums and guitar licks has now, a decade later, evolved into a multi faceted organization inspiring people living with CF to lead more healthy lifestyles and bringing awareness about CF to the metro Detroit community at large. Rock CF is empowering individuals with CF to live healthy lifestyles, through their Kicks Back Program, race sponsorships, and nutrition coaching. Their annual Half Marathon in Detroit, and apparel line has helped to fund research through the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
Rock CF is heightening awareness and making sure that an illness that often goes unseen, doesn’t get forgotten.
- Empowering CF people to live a healthy life.
- Bringing a positive spin to the demanding challenges CF poses though speaking engagements.
- Heightening cystic fibrosis awareness through the Rock CF apparel line and events.
- Outfitted over 300 people through the Kicks Back program.
- Sponsored entry fees for people with CF to participate in running races.
- Inspired lifestyle changes on a small scale that can make big difference.
- Provide resources for advocacy work to families.
- Fund research through the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Mayo Clinic and others.
Founded and led by Emily Schaller, the Rock CF Foundation is dedicated to increasing the quality of life for people with Cystic Fibrosis. With the help of a core group of volunteers, the Foundation utilizes the arts, entertainment, fashion and fitness to support research initiatives and heighten public awareness in the fight against cystic fibrosis.